Let’s recap what you have learned in part 1.
- as a student you are a part of the scholarly community
- all members of this community must uphold the six principles of academic integrity: honesty, trust, fairness, respect, responsibility, and courage
- any act of falsification, misrepresentation or deception:
- is dishonest and compromises the worth of other’s work
- undermines the trust between students and professors
- is unfair to students who pursue their studies honestly
- disrespects professors and the institution as a whole
- is irresponsible to yourself, because it prevents you from meaningfully reaching your own scholarly potential
- it is your responsibility to uphold academic integrity standards
- integrity violations can have severe academic consequences
Congratulations, you have finished Module One. Please go to the Academic Integrity Moodle course and do Quiz One now.